Truecaller’s new iPhone app will benefit American Hispanics as the community suffers a disproportionate rate of money loss from phone scams
WASHINGTON, August 30, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Truecaller, the world’s leading global communications platform, today launched an all-new version of its iPhone app for users around the world. The improved offer is especially important for Latinos in the United States who experience financial loss from spam and fraudulent calls at a disproportionately higher rate than the general population. According to the Harris Poll, 35% of American Hispanics say they have lost money in the past 12 months due to phone scams, compared to 26% of the general population. While Truecaller has traditionally worked better on Android, Hispanics in the US will now have the option to download an iOS app that offers a rewritten form to be lighter (smaller app size), more efficient (runs faster, even on the old iPhone 6S ) but most importantly, it offers 10 times better identification of spam, scams and business calls compared to previous versions of the application. To download the new and improved Truecaller app for iPhone, click HERE.
“We innovated within Apple’s platform to provide users with more powerful features such as call alerts, call reason, and a convenient search extension,” said Alan Mamedi, co-founder and CEO of Truecaller. “This update has been a long time coming for many iOS users, and now we can offer them the best performing spam and scam identifier to help them separate the noise from the communication they want. want to answer.”
Highlights of the new Truecaller for iPhone:
- 10x better caller ID, 10x better spam and scam protection
- Smoother and faster onboarding for new users
- Improved detailed view when searching for numbers
- New Premium shopping flow with easier feature comparisons
- Redesigned search extension (from Phone > Recents > Share contact)
- More precise SMS filtering that works completely offline (if enabled, Truecaller can also automatically categorize all financial SMS, promotions, online orders and travel updates)
- Automatic blocking of major spammers
- Detailed statistics on numbers marked as spam
- View and add comments to numbers marked as spam for additional context
- Redesigned widget for even faster number lookup
We enable safe and relevant conversations between people and make it efficient for businesses to connect with consumers. Fraud and unwanted communications are endemic to digital economies, especially in emerging markets. We are on a mission to build trust in communication. Truecaller is a daily communication essential for over 320 million active users, with half a billion downloads since launch and nearly 38 billion spam calls identified and blocked in 2021. stockholm, since 2009, we are an entrepreneurial company led by a co-founder, with a very experienced management team. Truecaller has been listed on Nasdaq Stockholm since October 8, 2021. Our corporate website offers a wealth of company information including quarterly reports, board and management information and press releases – www.truecaller.com. For more information please contact [email protected].