New Email Guardian, Online Safety Score, Privacy Advisor, Smart VPN and Scam Protection features keep scammers away and protect people’s data
LONDON and EMERYVILLE, Calif., April 5, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Avast (LSE: AVST), a global leader in digital security and privacy, has enhanced its all-in-one protection service Avast One with new features designed to protect people from online scams, fraud and other privacy threats. A key enhancement, Email Guardian, makes it easier to detect malicious communications so everyone, regardless of technical expertise, can stay safe from scams by proactively scanning web links in messages before they’re opened. and blocking malicious attachments sent to and from email accounts. .
Avast One is a cross-platform service that goes beyond antivirus to include integrated technologies that improve privacy, security, identity, and online performance for the modern Internet. In addition to protection against online scams and fraud, the new Avast One update includes Online Safety Score, a feature launched on Windows and Android that gives users regular feedback on their digital habits and provides guidance customized to improve online and on-device security. Privacy Advisor, an educational tool that offers simple step-by-step instructions for adjusting and improving privacy settings on popular platforms such as Google™, Facebook™ and LinkedIn™, is now available on Windows and Mac while the network intelligent virtual private (VPN), a feature that automatically activates a VPN session when visiting banking websites or connecting to public Wi-Fi, is also available on both platforms as part of the cross-platform commitment of Avast.
“We know scams are a concern for many people, so our goal with the new additions to the Avast One suite was to help them regain confidence and peace of mind when using the internet and their devices,” said Vita Santrucek, product manager at Avast. “Not only are scams and other forms of online fraud more prevalent, they are also more sophisticated, in that it is really difficult to tell the difference between benign content and content designed to be exploited. news to attract people, for example, two years ago we saw a spike in scamsand in February and March of this year we saw scams in connection with Ukraine war.”
Avast One is available in three different flavors: Essentialthe free service and the premium services Individual and Family. Avast One Individual supports a single user for up to five devices and Avast One Family for up to six users on 30 devices.
New features available in the latest Avast One Essential update include:
- Mail Keeper: seeks to block malicious attachments to emails received in dedicated mail applications installed on the desktop and prevent the user from sending malicious attachments to others. When a malicious attachment is detected, an alert is displayed. The file can still be downloaded if the user chooses to trust the file. Available on Windows and Mac.
- Online Safety Score: gives users regular feedback on their digital habits and personalized advice to help them take control of their online security. Online Safety Score provides a “digital hygiene” score calculated by analyzing the cyber hygiene of devices, including software and operating system updates and security settings such as anti-virus shields and firewalls ; the safer the device, the higher the score. The simple dashboard shows status in green and red and provides personalized guidance to improve online and on-device security. Available on Windows and Android.
- Privacy Advisor: provides a step-by-step guide to improving privacy settings on popular websites and services such as Amazon, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Skype, Instagram, YouTube and Reddit, giving the user greater control over their data and their usage. Available on Windows and Mac.
Avast One Individual and Family now includes:
- Protection against scams: warns the user when he receives a message, via SMS, social media or messaging applications, when a potentially dangerous link has been identified. If a link is deemed safe, it automatically opens in the browser. If the link is deemed unsafe, the user is warned so that they can decide whether to ignore the link or continue at their own risk. Available on Android.
- Smart VPN: Smart VPN allows users to configure the VPN to automatically connect in a preferred situation, such as when joining a public network or logging into a banking website. Smart VPN can also be configured to prompt the user to enable VPN when these scenarios are detected. Available on Windows and Mac.
Avast One is available in United States, UK, Canada, Australia, France, Germany, Swissand Austria. It’s available to download now from www.avast.com and is compatible with Android, iOS, macOS and Windows.
The research was conducted by OnePoll, between March 11, 2022 and March 15, 2022 interviewing 2,000 adults.
Avast (LSE: AVST), a FTSE 100 company, is a global leader in digital security and privacy, headquartered in Prague, Czech Republic. With more than 435 million online users, Avast offers products under the Avast and AVG brands that protect users against Internet threats and the changing IoT threat landscape. The company’s threat detection network is one of the most advanced in the world, using machine learning and artificial intelligence technologies to detect and stop threats in real time. Avast digital security products for mobile, PC or Mac are top rated and certified by VB100, AV-Comparatives, AV-Test, SE Labs and others. Avast is a member of Coalition Against Stalkerware, No More Ransom and Internet Watch Foundation. Visit: www.avast.com.
Stay in touch with Avast:
Media contact: [email protected]
View original content to download multimedia: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/avast-adds-new-privacy-and-scam-protection-features-to-avast-one-301517579.html
SOURCEAvast Software, Inc.