FEMA Mobile App
Sign up for safety tips
Download the FEMA app
Get it on Google Play. You can also download the app via text messaging on an Android device: SMS ANDROID at 43362 (4FEMA)
If using text messaging, standard messaging and data rates apply. Learn more about our SMS.
- Receive real-time alerts of the National Weather Service for up to five locations nationwide.
- To share real-time notifications with your loved ones via SMS, email and social networks
- Learn emergency safety tips for over 20 types of disasters including fires, floods, hurricanes, snowstorms, tornadoes, volcanoes and more.
- Locate the open emergency shelters and disaster recovery centers in your area where you can speak to a FEMA representative in person.
- Prepare for diastres with a customizable emergency kit checklist, emergency family planand reminders.
- Connect with FEMA to register for disaster relief on line.
- Switch between English and Spanish.
- Follow the FEMA Blog to learn more about FEMA’s work in the United States.
FEMA Application Promotional Toolkit
The FEMA app’s social media toolkit includes talking points, graphics, and other promotional materials.
FEMA SMS are sent from our dedicated number: 43362.
You can use FEMA’s text messaging program to:
- For emergencies, contact your local police, fire department or emergency medical services (EMS).
- A FEMA representative will not send text messages requesting personal or financial information and will never ask for money. If you suspect disaster fraud, report it immediately.
- The FEMA Mobile Community is free to join. We will never charge you for text messages, but carrier messaging and data charges may apply. Your operator may collect additional data elements; please see their privacy policies for more details.
- We will not use your number for tracking, reverse lookup or any type of commercial marketing. Your phone number is kept confidential and secure and only the FEMA team can access this list.
- FEMA inspectors can send text messages from their cell phones to schedule a time for your home inspection.
- In some cases, you may receive an automated text message from a third party on behalf of FEMA regarding your registration for FEMA Support.
Find emergency shelters near you
To search for shelters near you, send an SMS SHELTER and your Postal code at 43362 (ex. Shelter 12345). You can search for shelters anytime on the American Red Cross Shelter Map or by downloading the FEMA app.
Note: Searching for shelters will not add you to a list.
Find open disaster recovery centers in your area
To find disaster recovery centers near you, send an SMS ground floor and your Postal code at 43362 (for example RDC 12345). You can use our DRC locator anytime to find a location near you.
Note: Searching for Disaster Recovery Centers will not add you to a list.
Sign up for safety tips
Sign up to receive general information on how to prepare for any type of disaster:
Text TO PREPARE at 43362
To see a list of other disaster-specific safety tips you can subscribe to, text one of the keywords below to 43362. You can also get a list by SMS LISTING at 43362.
If you wish to subscribe to several lists, please send a separate text for each subject.