Is another PSN user causing you grief? Luckily, you can block these people through your PS4 and PS app. Let’s dive into it.
Multiplayer games can be a great way for you to make new friends with common interests, but it can also be a way to receive abuse or spam from other users.
If you have a PlayStation Network account, you may have received spam and are wondering if you can block and report someone. You can, and it’s very simple.
How to block and report someone on PlayStation 4
Blocking someone using your PS4 can be done in a few simple steps:
- Go to posts.
- Go to the Band you have with the user you want to block and scroll through any message so that it is highlighted.
- Hurry Choice.
- In the side menu that appears, tap To block.
- You can leave the group by checking the associated box and/or pressing To block.
You have now blocked the user, which means they cannot see you online or send you messages. Keep in mind that you can reverse this at any time by going to their Profile and squeeze Unlock.
If you find yourself the target of multiple harassing users, you might want to consider changing your PS4 profile picture and username to make it harder to track down.
If you want to report a particular message from the blocked user, you will need to:
- Go to posts.
- Go to the Band with blocked user.
- Scroll until you highlight the message you want to report, then press Choice.
- From the side menu, tap Report.
- Hurry Next.
- You will be asked why you want to report this. If you select It’s boring or not interesting you will be advised to Adjust privacy settings, Block playerand Leave the group. If you select I think it shouldn’t be on the PlayStation Networkyou will be asked to specify how the message is offensive.
You can also report a user’s profile by:
- Go to their profile, tap Choiceso what Report.
- You will be asked what you want to report, which can either be in-game behavior or creations, outside behavior or creations, or something in the user’s profile.
- When you’ve selected what you want to report, tap Next.
You will now have reported their profile, leaving PlayStation moderators to review your report. Note that moderators usually send you a message indicating whether they have acted on your report.
Keep in mind that they do not react kindly to frequent false reports, but always follow your instincts when you think you have received inappropriate messages or content from another user.
How to Block and Report Someone on the PlayStation App
There are lots of things you can do on the PlayStation app, including blocking or reporting users. To block or report a user, follow these steps:
- Open the PlayStation app.
- Press and open the game basisthen press the Band with the user you intend to block.
- User tap Profile icon then touch Profile.
- Press the ellipse so what To blockthen To block again from the window that opens.
- You can also press the ellipse then press Reportwhere you will be asked to elaborate further through the options they offer you.
The system for reporting or blocking users on the PlayStation app could be streamlined, but it’s pretty simple to do so and prevent the user from causing you more trouble.
To report a user’s individual post, follow these steps:
- Open the PlayStation app.
- Press and open the game basethen press the Band with the user you intend to block.
- Long press the message, then press Report message in the menu that appears.
- You’ll be asked if you’re reporting because the post was annoying or shouldn’t be on the PSN network. The first will give you suggestions for Leave the group, Block a userand Adjust privacy settingswhile the latter will categorize different types of inappropriate content which you can then select before filling out the report.
No more unwanted interactions on the PlayStation 4
By following the steps, you will have blocked and/or reported a user or their messages. This should mean that you get some peace now and don’t have to worry about interacting with mean users, but if you ever find yourself in this position in the future, you can always follow the steps again .
It can be alarming to encounter inappropriate content online, and even more alarming if it’s your child who encounters it. If you are a parent worried about your child encountering an inappropriate user on the PS4 again, you may want to consider setting up Parental Controls.